Notebooks & PCs systeminfos.sh
In order to help you in a targeted manner, we need some information from your system. In order to get it as complete as possible and with little effort for you, we have written the following linked script. Please save it on your device. It collects all necessary information on its own and sends it directly to us in the ticket you specify.
If you have not yet received a ticket number, please send us an e-mail first. You will then automatically receive a ticket number in response.
The script does not collect any personal data and no access data! Only the following information about your hardware and software configuration is collected:
What exactly does the script collect?
- Kernel version
- USB devices
- PCI devices
- Network configuration
- Installed drivers/firmware
- WiFi configuration
- Loaded drivers/firmware/modules
- Blocked wireless devices
- Grub bootloader configuration
- Logfile of the boot process
- System messages (dmesg)
- Mainboard functions
- System log file
Running the script
1) Save the script "systeminfos. sh" on your computer. Download
2) Open a terminal
3) Navigate to the folder where you saved the script.
If it is stored in the "Downloads" folder, the command would look like this:
cd /home/USERNAME/DownloadsPlease replace USERNAME with your username!
4) Make yourself a system administrator. You will be asked for your password, which you have to enter and send with the Enter key. There is no optical feedback during input! You won't see how many characters you typed in.
5) Execute the script with the following command:
chmod +x systeminfos.sh && sh systeminfos.sh6) Now you will be asked for your ticket number. Please enter your ticket number, starting with 99...
Now the script starts a job, collects system information AND sends it directly to the ticket you specify. If everything worked, the last message you see looks like this:
adding: tmp/systeminfos.txt (deflated 84%)